Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Playing Catchup with Reverb10, 12/4: Wonder

How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?


I think it goes without saying that the easiest way to cultivate wonder in one's life is to surround yourself with people (and in my case, pets--haha) that inspire you. This year I have continued to be amazed and inspired by my amazing friends and family, most especially my [now] husband Steve and my beautiful 4-year-old niece and 1-year-old nephew. But I also have to give credit to my little dog Rigby. We adopted Rigby in February--he had been dropped off at our local humane society, given up by his previous owners, and had we not signed those adoption papers there is a good chance he would have been put to sleep within just a few days. Especially as he is epileptic and to be completely honest, the most annoyingly hyperactive dog I've ever owned ;o) But despite his sickness and the fact that at 5 years old he had to adapt to a completely new life (including getting neutered!) he has wormed his way into our hearts and showed us just how resilient he can be.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Thats wonderful!
    I adopted a male white Boxer in July who had been dumped. He has demodex mange that has been difficult to get rid of but he is so sweet and so funny. We just love him.

    ReplyDelete