Friday, December 10, 2010

Playing Catchup with Reverb10, 12/6: Make; Also, my final (?) day as a vegetarian!

What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

Well, this question goes hand in hand with yesterday being my final day as a vegetarian. (Question mark in the title because there's a chance I won't end up eating meat today either, more because I didn't bring any for lunch or take any out for dinner than because I really want to go another day without it.)

Anyway, chances are that if you ask me the above question on any given day, the answer is going to be something to do with food. Whether it's the pan of brownies that I bake for my husband every two or three days (yes, he really goes through them that fast!) or the dinner I cooked, it's rare that I go more than a day or two without making something in the kitchen--last night being no exception ;o)

First, breakfast yesterday: cereal. Lunch yesterday: I surprised myself with a veggie sub from Subway! I'm not a huge fan of Subway but I have to be honest, that veggie sub (double provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, green pepper, pickles, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, and a bit of mayo on wheat) was freaking delicious. I didn't miss the meat at all and there's a darn good chance that I will forevermore only order veggie subs when forced to eat Subway.

And for dinner, I made (hence this being the answer to the reverb10 question) the toasted ravioli via another Every Little Thing recipe! Except that I couldn't find anything other than cheese-stuffed fresh ravioli (hers were spinach and cheese). She was right, they are a bit messy to make, but they were worth everything! Absolutely freaking delicious. I used slightly different brands and whatnot--I know that not all of what I made these ravs with was organic--but I haven't completely converted to the organic movement yet, so...deal with it. Haha. Anyway, I will be making these again, especially once Steve commented "these are awesome, make them all the time." (He says that often and obviously doesn't mean it literally, obviously)

So there you go...my last official day as a vegetarian, and my answer to the reverb10 question (which, if I had actually answered it on the 6th, would have been answered with "stuffed zucchini for dinner", so there ya go). As for what I would like to make if I had the time...I don't know. I'd like to write, is the proper answer. A novel. And I guess technically that would be making something. But whereas time is an issue, the bigger issue with that is writer's blog. Boo. Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Glad they turned out well! We tried to do the same with zucchini last night and let's just say, no one was asking for more. I'll be posting about that later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stacy : They were awesome! SOOO yummy. Dangerous though, I ended up with a stomachache because I ate so much. I've fried zucchini "sticks" before and they are REALLY difficult...I've tried twice with a recipe that I have and I can't get them to work :-/

    ReplyDelete