Saturday, December 11, 2010

Reverb10, 12/11: 11 Things

What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?



1) Credit card debt. I've never had much credit card debt (thank God) but I want to nix it completely out of my life. I have already set up my budgets for next year and with just a small tax return and sticking to my budget I should be able to have my credit card paid off--and keep it paid off--by May or June. Since I've never had high credit card debt, I don't think this will be a big change in my life, but it is the smart thing to do :o)
2) A car payment. Unfortunately I'm not sure this is feasible, but starting in probably March I should have enough extra cash to pay an extra $50-100 on my car payment each month, which will help with shortening the time left on my loan, at least.
3) A ridiculous number of Facebook "friends". I've done a couple friend cuts this year, but nowhere near what actually needs to happen. I keep gearing myself up to do the "big cut" but as I don't friend people I don't know in person OR people I never liked in the first place...it's not as easy as it sounds or should be, I guess.
4) An extra roommate. I love my sister but I think it would be beneficial to our relationship as well as mine and my husband's if she didn't live with us anymore. Not that we plan on kicking her out, but I have to admit that I'm hoping she can get on her feet enough to find her own place.
5) Eating meat (to the extent I do at the moment). I do not plan on cutting it out of my diet entirely, so maybe this doesn't count, but I certainly proved to myself this week that I don't need it at lunch--at all--and I'd like to go at least one day a week as a complete vegetarian from now on.
6) Goals on what to read. I have set goals for myself the past two years (in 2009 it was to read 25 books, in 2010 it was to read 12,000 pages). I met my goal last year and I still have a chance to meet it this year, but to be truthful I really don't need a reading goal. I really enjoy reading and I do a lot of it without these goals; all the goals do is make me worry round about November that I won't meet them ;o)
7) To be disorganized. I know that I'm nowhere near as bad as many people, but I need to keep better track of goals and appointments. I've started by asking for a nice planner for Christmas, and I already have fun colored pens to use in it. If I don't get the planner, I'll buy it myself.
8) To focus better at work. I've been forcing myself to do so lately but I still tend to get distracted easily, and bored when I could very likely think of something to do. I know what I need to do to fix this and I plan on starting work on it immediately rather than waiting for some silly New Year's Resolution or whatever.

Well...that's all I can really think of right now! Over the years I've cut a lot of things from my life and my diet, so there really aren't many big life changes in my future, I think. (That was 2008...haha) But I'll definitely add to this list if I come up with more things! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment