Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb10, 12/14: Appreciate

What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?

My job.

Not that I necessarily didn't appreciate it--but with the economy the way it is, and having had a few points throughout the year where I had to seriously think about the possibility of job searching again, it's hard not to have learned to appreciate it that much more. Not to mention the fact that I have numerous friends who are either out of work or working menial jobs, not through any fault of their own--just because things are so crappy out there right now.

How do I express my gratitude? By doing my work, doing it thoroughly and to the best of my ability (which is apparently pretty darn good, as my boss has made numerous comments about how quickly I get things done and whatnot). By helping out other departments (namely sales, as I'm in finance) when they need the help. And this all without any sort of chance at a bonus or raise (thanks to that aforementioned crappy economy).

Is my job the most interesting or fun job I've ever held? No. But more often than not I like it, I make good money and get great vacation time, and hey...it's a job! ;o) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment