Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reverb10, 12/16: Friendship

How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

Umm...to be completely honest, I don't think any of my friends have changed me or my perspectives...at least not this year. In the past, I've lost friends and through those losses been changed myself, but this year...not so much. I guess the closest thing would be some new friends that we made. They are great people, tons of fun to hang out with, but to be honest they are the "cool kids" type, while we're the "geeky kids" type. Were we in high school or even college, we wouldn't have fallen into each other's paths. But because we are all out making our own ways in the world, we were easily able to become friends. Still, I wouldn't say this changed me or my perspective...it was more of just an interesting realization, and one that I've probably made before--that once you're out of school and doing your own thing, all those old stereotypes and, well, "types", don't much matter when it comes to making friends. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment