Monday, December 27, 2010

Reverb10, 12/27: Ordinary Joy

Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

I don't think I'm the best person to answer this question ;) I had an extremely extraordinary year in 2010, and although I can name plenty of joyful moments, most of them have to do with either traveling, or getting engaged and getting married...none of which are particularly ordinary.


I guess I have to say that after years of dealing with my dog Wendy, who is a great dog but who also will take any chance to run off and not return when I call for her, one "ordinary" joyful moment for me was realizing that our dog Rigby will do nothing of the sort ;) He's so darn obsessed with me that he won't wander more than 10-20 feet away regardless of whether or not he's on a leash. Doesn't sound like much, but the fact that he won't run away and will come when called was a huge relief and joy to someone who has consistently dealt with dogs who do exactly the opposite.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment