Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Reverb10, 12/29: Defining Moment

Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.

Wait...didn't I already answer a question like this? Oh no, I'm sorry, that was the moment I felt "most alive". Still...these questions are a bit repetitive, no?

Anyway. I guess my defining moment/series of events this year was when Steve asked me to marry him. Yeah, sure, I've been there before, but that was at 19 and the guy who asked was someone I barely knew. In this case...I've known Steve since October 1998 and when he asked, we'd not only lived together for a year and a half but we'd moved nearly 900 miles together. Still...I had gotten into this groove where I really didn't care so much about being married, and as much as I knew that Steve loved me and probably meant to spend the rest of his life with me, I didn't picture him as the type to commit to marriage so quickly. Which made the question and the ring and the subsequent wedding a bunch of very pleasant surprises.

Just goes to show you that you never really know where things will lead, I guess...because if you had asked me a year ago if I would be married at this time, I likely would have shrugged and said "Don't know, don't care" (as in--not that I didn't WANT to be married, it just wasn't a necessity in my book). Pin It

2 comments:

  1. well, sugar, i agree: that's a pretty defining moment! and might i add: i love your tag line. you just keep on grabbing life by the horns, you hear me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks :) I thought about having the tag line be about grabbing life by the balls...but somehow that didn't look proper...haha

    ReplyDelete