Friday, December 3, 2010

Too excited to wait!

Not only did I make it through one day as a vegetarian (which I guarantee I've done before, though not on purpose), but I tried a new recipe tonight...and it was absolutely delicious!

This recipe is actually thanks to Smiling is Good for your Teeth - I saw it on her blog a while back and I've wanted to try it!





Sciue Sciue

1 1/2 cups ditalini (you can also use elbow macaroni but I think ditalini works better)
2+ tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
8-10 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
8 large leaves fresh basil, chopped roughly

-Boil some water in a large saucepan. Salt it and add a bit of olive oil, then the pasta. Cook for about 8 minutes; drain.
-Heat the 2+ tablespoons olive oil in a deep skillet. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes). Add the tomatoes and saute until warmed through (about 2 minutes, maybe a little longer).
-Mix the pasta into the skillet and remove it from the heat. Add the mozzarella and basil and serve immediately, seasoning with a bit of salt.

I'm actually not a big fan of fresh basil--it's a bit too strong for my taste--but this dish really tasted like caprese, with pasta instead of bread. Speaking of bread, I do wish I'd had some nice buttery garlic bread, but alas, I did not. Ah well!

We also cracked open a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau as well and it was definitely a good, err, supplement ;o)

So, yeah, day one down...and I may treat myself with a couple of cookies or something to "celebrate"...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment