Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Vegetarian Days 5 & 6

As I mentioned yesterday, we've been eating leftovers (the spinach gruyere quiche from Sunday and the stuffed zucchini from yesterday)...so I don't have any new dinner recipes to share. Therefore, before I get on with the food in my life, I'll show you what I wore to work yesterday. Because I'm just not sure how I feel about it, and that may sound like a weird reason to share something, but if what I did looks horrid maybe someone out there will tell me and I'll know not to do it again ;o)




Purple sweater: from Target
Gray leggings: my sister gave them to me which means they're probably from Walmart
Purple and gray argyle knee-highs: from Target (for $2! love!)
Black lacy flats: Rocket Dog, from Off Broadway Shoes
(Also note that my hair hasn't been straightened or blow-dried, and I'm not wearing any makeup. I pretty much only wear makeup if I'm going "out out", as I say, or if I'm on vacation and know that my picture will be taken left and right ;o) Same goes for doing my hair...part of me is just too lazy to get up early enough to do my hair and makeup every day, and part of me just knows it's better for my hair and skin to have some good relaxation time)
Now, note that I'm wearing these awesome socks OVER my leggings. I don't really have any good thought-out reason as to why I decided to do this, other than the socks were my favorite part of the outfit and I wanted to show them off. I mean, come on, wouldn't you?

Beyond not being sure about the whole socks-over-the-leggings thing, I also don't know if I love the fit of my sweater. It's a large, where normally I would have purchased a medium. I decided on the bigger size because with the fit of the medium and the way the cables lay, it just didn't look right on me. And the sleeves on the medium didn't seem long enough. But now I feel that the large makes me look like a giant purple blob. Sigh.

Ahh, to be a fashion-challenged woman, right?

Anyway, I've continued with my cereal breakfasts and lunches of hummus, crackers and drunken goat cheese. But because I didn't have to cook yesterday, I was able to come home, wrap Steve's presents and bake these yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins! (courtesy of a blog friend, though I left out/off the frosting in that link). Seriously though, they're to die for. All moist on the inside with a lovely crusty top (spare me the rude comments, please! haha) and absolutely delicious, a great mix of flavors.

So there you have it. I'm now at the end of day six as a vegetarian and let me tell you...although I don't really mind not eating meat, I'm ready to do so again. That's right, I'm still counting down to that cheeseburger on Friday ;o) Pin It

1 comment: