Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow Day!

They were predicting 4-6 inches of snow when I went to bed last night, but I have to be honest, I didn't think it would actually happen. Really, I haven't seen snow like that in the south since the winter of '05, when I lived in Lynchburg...which is a few hundred miles north of here, and sits right at the foot of the mountains (much closer than Greenville is to the mountains, anyway). Still, when I woke up this morning I was surprised to see four plus inches on the ground and still more falling.Considering that they don't know how to plow anything other than the highways down here, and my car sucks in the snow anyway, that means I get a snow day!

Remember when you were a kid and you woke up and just waited for your school's name to scroll across the bottom of the TV screen? And when it did that meant you could watch cartoons, eventually throw on your snowsuit and go sledding and build snow forts, then come in to a lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup, probably followed by more time out in the snow.

Play fighting :)
Unfortunately, nowadays these snow days are (a) one in a million (or maybe rather one in 2 years) and (b) better used as productive days. Today for me meant double workout time (couldn't run because of all the snow, but I walked the dogs, got in a Bowflex workout and about 20 minutes of yoga), laundry, and vacuuming. Fun. But I did take a few minutes to watch my pups playing in the snow, so I'll share a few shots with you :o)
Beautiful puppies!
Wendy doing her crazy laps around the yard
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I feel like snow days as adults, while awesome, are much less fun than in childhood. Responsibility and guilt kick in. Looks like the doggies had quite the fun day though. :)

    ReplyDelete