Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Thing #12: Wedding Song

Day 12: A song that you want played at your wedding(or was played).
 
Well, I'll have to go with "was played" ;o)

When Steve and I started planning our wedding, it didn't take too long to decide that we wanted the ceremony to be all Beatles music. And as we had a completely abnormal reception (no dancing...we had a different kind of entertainment), we only had to worry about ceremony music anyway.

We were back and forth about a few songs that we would use, but I knew from the beginning that we had to have "I Will""

I don't know, I just love this song. It's sweet and upbeat (but not too upbeat). So yes, we did use it--as the first part of our recessional. Because as a side note, we had also decided that we just had to Rick Roll our wedding guests. Therefore, "I Will" started playing, we walked halfway back up the aisle to it, then it "scratched out" and switched over to "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. ;o) What can I say, we're nothing if not total geeks.
 
Day 13: A guilty pleasure.
Day 14: A vacation you would like to take.
Day 15: A person you admire.
Day 16: A song that makes you cry.
Day 17: An art piece.
Day 18: A time when you felt passionate and alive.
Day 19: A talent of yours.
Day 20: A hobby of yours.
Day 21: Something you know you do differently than most people.
Day 22: A website.
Day 23: A way in which you want to be remembered.
Day 24: A movie no one would expect you to love.
Day 25: A recipe.
Day 26: A childhood memory.
Day 27: A physical feature you love.
Day 28: A scar you have and it's story.
Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
Day 30: A motto or philosophy.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. That's a great wedding song. Matt and I are such music fiends that our wedding music will be of top priority (and prob take forever to figure out).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to use Allison Krauss' version of this song for our wedding...Nick thinks it's too twangy. Looks like I will be on the hunt for an instrumental version that is closer to the beatles:)

    The reason I love it is because of a long ago memory. My student teacher in the 5th grade told me that her husband sang this for her at their wedding, and I always thought that was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this reminds me of Love Actually when they are walking down the aisle and "all you need is love" starts being played by band/ orchestra members :)
    Love your blog, a serendipitous find for me!
    Meri
    merigoesround.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete