Monday, January 31, 2011

Thing #18: A Passionate Time

Day 18: A time when you felt passionate and alive.
 
Halloween 2008 - We are super duper disgustingly in love.
I think I've been extremely lucky in my life to have had some amazingly passionate periods. One of the first that comes to mind is when Steve and I first started dating in late 2008, mainly because for the first time since high school I threw myself heart and soul into a relationship, into falling in love. That is probably the most recent time period when I felt passionate and alive.
Cast of the 2004 Longwood University Vagina Monologues
 
 
However, I think it goes without saying that when you're falling in love with a person--and letting yourself do so--that you will feel passionate and alive, so I feel the need to point out another time, maybe a more meaningful period--that being the spring of 2004. It was my last full semester in college and I had devoted my entire being to directing my school's production of The Vagina Monologues. My friend was the organizer of the V-Day Campaign that went hand in hand with this production, and I was surrounded by other women who also threw themselves heart and soul into this cause, that being educating people and working to stop violence against women and girls.

To be honest, I often think about getting myself involved in this cause again. It's a deep-seated issue with me, having dealt with sexual/marital violence in one form or another for nearly my entire adult life. And I miss feeling like I was making a difference. I feel passionate and alive now--I have so many amazing things happening in my life--but I would love to get back to a point where I feel as if I'm doing good not just for myself, but for others as well.
 
Day 19: A talent of yours.
Day 20: A hobby of yours.
Day 21: Something you know you do differently than most people.
Day 22: A website.
Day 23: A way in which you want to be remembered.
Day 24: A movie no one would expect you to love.
Day 25: A recipe.
Day 26: A childhood memory.
Day 27: A physical feature you love.
Day 28: A scar you have and it's story.
Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
Day 30: A motto or philosophy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment