Friday, February 18, 2011

Pet Intros: Ducky

Ducky is actually the only pet of ours that came to me via Steve and Steve alone. I don't know the entire story, really, but I do know that Steve adopted Ducky with one of his prior girlfriends back in the fall of 2005. I think. The story [that I've heard] goes that they went to a shelter to get the girl a cat, Ducky was there with his brother, and the shelter offered them a two for one deal. Needless to say, it was a good decision for them to take the deal because Ducky really is a sweet, handsome boy :o)
As Steve says, Ducky is "VERY sensitive...but VERY special". And yes, he's sensitive. When we brought him to our house in Enfield back at the end of 2008, he hid in one of the back rooms for months. Funny thing though, when we moved down south it was as if nothing happened...so maybe he's just meant to be a Southern Cat ;o)

Ducky is known for his "good noises" (seriously, you should hear the quacks and chirps that come out of this cat), his super soft fur and his general good attitude. Currently he is locked in the back bathroom of our house and wearing The Cone of Shame due to an injury he sustained outside, and I've honestly never seen such a well-behaved cat considering how uncomfortable he must be. Only such a sweet kitty as Ducky would put up with such torture without complaint.

Also, he loves Wendy and she loves him, so that makes him tops in my book! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. OMG that is so funny about your cat. He's so cute too! I am in love! And that you have a dog named Rigby also is amazing because people always tell us how unique and cool it is. I almost don't want to tell my boyfriend that I found another Rigby because he loves that it's so unique too but I think it's funny that we have the same named dogs. Did you name it after the Beatles' song too? And corgi's and labs are by far the sweetest best dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- he quacks? I've gotta hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tara, it's Jen (from Longwood)- I have a new blog! So "follow" me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sweety!Cute blog!
    Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    THank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Caity - YES he is named after "Eleanor Rigby"! Haha. My husband and I are both huge Beatles fans. We probably would have named him Ringo but I had a horse named Ringo in high school and he passed away so I didn't feel right naming another pet that :-/

    @Meri - I mean, it doesn't sound EXACTLY like a quack ;o) But it's not a normal cat noise and does sound SORT OF like a quack, haha.

    @Jen - Done! Good to see you over here ;o)

    ReplyDelete