Sunday, February 27, 2011

A recipe I've been meaning to post

I made this dip for a Superbowl party earlier this month and it was a huge hit :) Now, I made the recipe as it was on the internet but in re-posting it I'm doubling it. The party we went to only had about 15-20 people there and this dip was gone within the first hour...and it was so good that I really wish there had been more!

Swiss & Bacon Dip

16 slices quality bacon, cooked and then chopped
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise (I used half mayo and half Miracle Whip)
4 rounded teaspoons stone ground mustard
3 cups shredded Swiss cheese
6 scallions, chopped
Chopped walnuts for a topping (if desired)
Cocktail rye bread for serving


-Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and using a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients except the walnuts and bread.
-Grease a baking dish and transfer the mix to the dish. Bake about 20 minutes (basically until the edges are golden and bubbling). Add your walnuts now if you're using them and spread spoonfuls of the dip on the cocktail rye slices to eat :o)

Healthy? No. Delicious? Yes. I could honestly eat this as a meal, and I'm not even that big on bacon (I know, ::GASP::, right?)
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Who isn't big on bacon!?? I'm gonna have to try making this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I actually kinda hate Swiss, but maybe a Mozz sub. would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That. Looks. AMAZING. I kind of want it this very minute. Doesn't hold a candle to what I've packed for lunch. And yes, I would totally eat this for lunch.

    ReplyDelete