Monday, February 7, 2011

Thing #25: A Recipe

Day 25: A recipe.
 
I was going to share this recipe anyway, so now's the perfect time! I was a bit curious when I found this in my new cookbook and honestly thought it would be bland, boring...but the chicken came out so tender and it was actually really [surprisingly] tasty!
 
 
Coconut Poached Chicken (over rice)
 
4 large boneless chicken breasts, sliced in half
2 cups hot chicken stock
One 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk, shaken to blend
3 bay leaves 
3-4 large garlic cloves, peeled but left whole
salt and pepper
white basmati rice
Shredded parmesan cheese
 
-Put the chicken breasts in a large pan over medium heat, then pour in the stock and the coconut milk. Add the bay leaves, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic cloves and bring to a boil, then cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
-Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken from the pan and shred it using two forks. Serve the chicken and garlic cloves over the rice; spoon a couple tablespoons of the liquid over it and sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. Serve immediately :o)
(A note: If you have leftovers just store the chicken in/with the coconut milk/stock mix and re-heat in a pan on the stove top for 10-15 minutes; serve as explained above!)
 
Day 26: A childhood memory.
Day 27: A physical feature you love.
Day 28: A scar you have and it's story.
Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
Day 30: A motto or philosophy.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I have a bag of coconut AND coconut butter in the pantry I haven't used yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I have to reiterate that I wasn't too keen on this recipe, but it was simple and I'll try anything once (especially if it's something that's a quick meal I can cook after work on a weeknight). I wouldn't put it out there as the most amazing thing I've ever made/had but I was very pleasantly surprised with how tasty it was! And probably fairly healthy considering.

    ReplyDelete