Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thing #26: A Scar

Day 28: A scar you have and it's story.
Honestly, my body is covered in scars. I was quite the tomboy when I was little and I've also done some silly things while drunk as an adult. But let's see...I guess the story that I remember best is about the scar on the big toe of my left foot.

It was 4th of July in 2004 and I was heading to bed after a long day at the pool. I'd had a few drinks but as is often the case, when one drinks over a very long period of time and is also swimming and eating tons of yummy holiday food, I wasn't drunk. I don't even remember feeling buzzed. Anyway, I was wearing my bathing suit, trying to keep a towel wrapped around me, and also carrying a bunch of stuff--including a very heavy CD case and a glass of water.

And of course, the glass of water--wet with sweat as it was--slipped out of my hand. The base of the glass hit the cement floor of the basement, flat, and it smashed. One nice big piece sliced open the top of my big toe.

It took forever to get the thing to stop bleeding and weeks for it to truly start healing. In hindsight, when I showed the just-barely-healing cut to an EMT friend of mine about three weeks after it happened, he said I should have gotten stitches for it...but Ex and his family wouldn't believe that I wasn't drunk when it happened and refused to call an ambulance or take me to the hospital. And honestly, even if I had been drunk...I was 21! WTF, right?

So yup, nearly seven years later I still have an inch-long awful scar across the top of my left big toe, and there's the story. Sorry it wasn't more intriguing ;o)


Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
Day 30: A motto or philosophy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment