Friday, February 11, 2011

Thing #29: Hopes, Dreams, Plans

Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
 
Hmm. I've kind of already touched on this in my "2011 Goals" post, but that simply outlines the things I'd like to learn/practice this year - putting more effort into blogging, learning to sew and/or knit, practicing the guitar more often.

I suppose my plans for this year are...well, a whole lot of travel. Michigan for my close friends' wedding this month, then Charleston, Nashville, San Francisco, Vegas, Europe, two trips to Orlando, and Connecticut at some point as well :o) Other than traveling, I have no long term plans and I think I'll just wing the rest of it.

Hopes? I hope that I'll end up being better at guitar, which will only come if I stick with my goal of practicing more often. I also hope that I'll be able to sew/knit by the end of the year, because that will mean another little hobby as well as maybe spending less money on clothes, but again, this will only come if I meet my goal of learning to do one or both of these things. And although I have been better about practicing guitar, I haven't started on sewing or knitting. Oops.

As for dreams, I have one thing to say: "Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true..."
 
Because I really don't have things that I would classify as "dreams" for this year. A few years ago I never wanted to get married again, yet here I am. I certainly didn't think I would want to work with numbers and accounting software, yet here I am. I wasn't sure if I would ever find a city that encompassed so many awesome things that I would picture myself living there forever, yet here I am.
All of the dreams I didn't even know I had have come true.
 
And I'm really, really happy.
So if there's more out there for me, it must be so freaking amazing that I can't even comprehend what it is.

And I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging. I've been to hell and back and while I maybe don't "deserve" to be so happy, to not have any "dreams" that I'm wishing and waiting for, I sure as hell appreciate my life right now. My amazing husband, our home, our pets, my job, the upcoming opportunities I will have to travel, [most of] my family members, and of course, always, my wonderful, wonderful friends. :o)
 
Day 30: A motto or philosophy.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment