Thursday, March 24, 2011

Book Review of Fragments: Poems, Intimate Notes, Letters by Marilyn Monroe; compiled by Stanley Buchthal et al.

There is honestly no way to truly "rate" this compilation. Because that's what it is: a compilation, not a "book" or a "memoir" or an "autobiography/biography". If you are a fan of Marilyn Monroe and wish to know more about her--in her own words--then this is a must-read. But it's not an easy read. In fact, it's downright difficult. Difficult to see how truly sad this amazing woman was, and difficult because these are mostly random thoughts and therefore do not have the best grammar. I'm not harping on Marilyn's grammar by any means - this is just a warning that some of the notes are a bit tough to wade through.

I rate this compilation 4/5 stars, my qualm with it being that I just can't help but think that Marilyn Monroe would have wanted many of these notes published. Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I read an article about her passion for literature and writing and that she was actually friends with a lot of well-known authors who helped cultivate her interest in writing. I've never been a big fan of Marilyn Monroe, but I am interested in reading this compilation.

    ReplyDelete