Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 7: Zodiac, Schmodiac

Day 07 ⇝ Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality

Okay. So a few months ago there was all that back and forth, "ZOMG MY SIGN IS DIFFERENT NOOOOO"...and all I could think was, people really care that much about this stuff?

I mean, excuse me for sounding rude, but I've never really known anyone that into the whole zodiac thing. And as it turns out, apparently the new signs only affect you if you were born after a certain year or something like that? Goes to show ya how much I know/care about this stuff.

That said, if I just go by what I've known most of my life I'm a Sagittarius. I looked up a description just for hahas this entry, and I've bolded the things that actually apply to me. In my warped version of myself, anyway. Heh.

"The symbols for Sagittarius are the hunter and the centaur, a mythical half-man, half-horse. This sign symbolizes the search for wisdom; this is the sign of the philosopher and the explorer. They have an appetite for learning and travel.

They concentrate all their attention on whatever they are doing at the moment, and seem to see no other way but theirs until their effort is made.

They are often the great workers; such people never seem to tire until they drop with fatigue. They would rather learn on their own, through travel and experience, than endure structured classroom environments and routine work assignments.

These people are usually successful in business, but never feel themselves confined to any one line. They follow the rule if they have been successful in some one thing there is no reason whatever that they must follow it through life.

To have an open minded and intellectual curiosity means that these people are willing to learn about other people in an effort to understand them, while being trusting and open. High spirited and congenial, they are a gifted conversationalist, a wonderful storyteller, and a born entertainer.

Nearly all of them are devoted to music. They often make brilliant musicians.

These people are, however, inclined to go to extremes in all things, and make sudden decisions, or change their minds rapidly, for which they may have regrets, but they are too proud to acknowledge their error.

One of their great difficulties lies within relationships. <--I had to clarify this and found a couple other links that word it better; for example:
Visionary, optimistic, freedom-loving, adventurous
Ruled by far-sighted and visionary Jupiter, your horsy, passionate sign is the free spirit of the zodiac, and although you chuck love and loyalty around freely, you chafe at the bit if you're trapped by commitment. To be faithful to a man he's got to inspire you, but when he finally loses his twinkle and his winkle, you can't wave goodbye quick enough.
And: to Sagittarius, faithfulness is a mere concept and morality is questionable because people created it...Sagittarius' principle is freedom.

The women born in this Sign...love to make their husbands successful and will sacrifice everything to that end. They are usually great church-goers. On the other hand both men and women when they settle down they usually treat themselves strictly. They refuse to let the relationship get stale and always look for ways to bring excitement into the union. 

Frank Sagittarius does not hesitate to give an honest opinion, which can seem tactless.

People born in this period, even when successful, should never cease to be actively employed inactivity for them would mean despondency and an early decay."

"They are the nicest friends in the zodiac. These people are not a meet-for-coffee friend. They are doers and they make the best travel companions."

However, personally I think that the descriptions of these zodiac signs as well as the horoscopes gleaned from them are so general that it would be difficult to not be able to find any way at all to associate oneself with one's "sign". I mean, what I copied and pasted above is just a portion of the full description...shoot, there was something about "being a great mother" in there and I outright deleted that because I still don't know if I want kids, and if I have them I have serious concerns about how good of a parent I would be.

And again, this is just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone who may be into this stuff. I just don't really believe it, myself.


Day 08 ⇝ A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life
Day 09 ⇝ How you hope your future will be like
Day 10 ⇝ Discuss your first love and first kiss
Day 11 ⇝ Put your iPod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up
Day 12 ⇝ Bullet your whole day
Day 13 ⇝ Somewhere you'd like to move or visit
Day 14 ⇝ Your earliest memory
Day 15 ⇝ Your favorite Tumblrs
Day 16 ⇝ Your views on mainstream music
Day 17 ⇝ Your highs and lows of this past year
Day 18 ⇝ Your beliefs
Day 19 ⇝ Disrespecting your parents
Day 20 ⇝ How important you think education is
Day 21 ⇝ One of your favorite shows
Day 22 ⇝ How have you changed in the past 2 years
Day 23 ⇝ Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous you find attractive
Day 24 ⇝ Your favorite movie and what it's about
Day 25 ⇝ Someone who fascinates you and why
Day 26 ⇝ What kind of person attracts you
Day 27 ⇝ A problem that you have had
Day 28 ⇝ Something that you miss
Day 29 ⇝ Goals for the next 30 days
Day 30 ⇝ Your highs and lows of this month Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm a Leo and some of the things under that sign really do apply to me but I think it's all a matter of perception. I do make a big deal that I have the same birthday as Arnie Schwartzanager (sp?) though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much how I feel - that it's all a matter of perception! Although I do have to say that I did a bunch of research on my sign yesterday and despite the fact that much of what I read was very general, there were a lot of repeat mentions about Sag's issues with being tied down and love of travel, both of which are huge huge HUGE parts of my personality. I'm a bit more intrigued now before, but I certainly wouldn't base my entire life around what my sign supposedly says about me.

    ReplyDelete