Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Houses that Built Me...

The Introduction:

I apologize for any of you who read my original blog and may have seen the first few posts in this series, this series about the places I've called home. I have been looking for another meaningful meme or challenge for this blog and there just appear to be a huge lack of them out there at the moment...so I've decided to re-visit and finally finish my own little challenge, a challenge about the places that were a part of molding and shaping who I am. The houses and apartments where I learned everything from...

how best to build a snow fort: 10 Stein Road, Ellington Connecticut. 1985-1998.

to

how to be a teenager: 7 Country Farm Lane, Ellington Connecticut. 1998-2003.

and

how to
grow up: Vista Way Apartment 909, Lake Buena Vista Florida. August 2001-January 2002.

from

how to be domestic: The first floor apartment of the little white house with blue shutters on Garden Street, Farmville Virginia. 2003-2004.

to

how to give up on dreams: 2007 Timberlake Drive, Lynchburg Virginia. 2005-2007.

and

how to be on my own: Broadwater Apartments, Orlando Florida. January 2006-July 2006.

from

how to fake happiness: 7 Kirkshire Lane, Simpsonville South Carolina. 2007-2008.

to

how to be in love: 34 Columbia Road, Enfield Connecticut. 2008-2009.

There were a couple other places--the house I was born into. The apartments I had during some brief summer stints in Orlando. The homes that my parents have inhabited, homes that at one point or another became my temporary residences. But I think I'm blessed enough, having lived in so many different houses and apartments. Having learned something in and from and through each one of them.

"I know they say you can't go home again...but I just had to come back one last time..." Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It's amazing how many memories you can have in different homes and how they are connected with certain stages of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. My parents still live in the same house since I was 3. I love that house & hope they never move

    ReplyDelete