Thursday, March 10, 2011

One week down...how many to go?

Well, it's been a full week since I deactivated my Facebook account.

Honestly, it's only difficult when I'm really bored, or when I have something that I want to say to a friend that probably doesn't justify a text or a phone call.

The problem is, I really don't think I can go until the end of the month. Not because I don't want to; I do. And trust me when I say that I can certainly be stubborn enough to not give up on this goal. The issue is, I use Facebook more for organizing social events and publicizing my Greenville website and my travel blog than for anything else...and I realized today that my badge on my travel blog is null, void, because my Facebook account is no longer there to host it :-/ Maybe this shouldn't bother me as much as it does, but it does. It does.

That, and I'm having to lug my laptop around with me for the purposes of making any sort of posts with [personal] pictures. Because normally I would just grab said pictures off Facebook. And my laptop is over four years old. It's bulky and heavy. Boo to that.

Therefore, it's going to be hard enough making it to the two week mark. But at least then I'll have met the minimum goal I set myself, right?

Eh. Because I'm not a "minimum goal" type of person. I'm the type of person who has to achieve things, because if I don't, I regret it for far longer than I probably should. My first marriage--which lasted 5 years when it probably shouldn't have made it much past one/one and a half and certainly shouldn't have made it past two/two and a half--is the perfect example of this.

So I guess we'll see. Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I didn't think about that either, but that's a good reason not to give up facebook - the blog page!

    Maybe when you bring it back, if it's still a concern, just set a time limit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stacy - I think I'm going to do that. I'll probably download Google Chrome and use the nanny that it offers to limit my Facebook time. Or just tell myself I can only log in once a day ::shrug::

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really good idea-- I should get a Nanny for my Chrome. Shifty eyes, not that I need it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love! I've never heard of the nanny thing but def I think I shall get it


    Enter my GIVEAWAY ay-sap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you the best of luck on your goal, Tara! I was able to live without Facebook for a while. I still can, actually. I just really check it when I get a notification, which is like...once in a blue moon these days.

    ReplyDelete