Monday, April 25, 2011

101 in 1001: The beginning

I've done a lot of bitching in recent years about New Years Resolutions...probably in part because when I did make them (years and years ago) I was just as bad at keeping them as the next person ;) So I quit making them. But then I start setting myself "goals"...not necessarily to start right on New Year's Day, but lo and behold they always came about at that time of year (go figure). And then I would always think "well, this has to be done by the end of the year".

Really, how is that different from a New Year's Resolution?

Therefore, when many of my friends started participating in the 101 in 1001 Challenge, I was intrigued. Approximately 2.75 years in which to fulfill a whopping 101 goals? Should I do it? Could I do it?

Well, last Wednesday (April 20, 2011 to be exact) I decided that at the very least I should try. Some of you may have already noticed the new tab on my blog, dedicated to this little (heh) challenge. As of right now I only have 74 goals on that list. Some are super easy (honestly, how hard is it to pay for the person behind you at a drive through?)...others will definitely prove a bit more difficult, especially for me (take a spontaneous trip is going to be hard - I plan my vacations months and sometimes years in advance). But I've already gotten to work on a few of them, so here goes nothing!

Stay tuned for some recipe posts this week, by the way. Yeah, I know, finally. haha Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Good goals! I'm shocked you haven't liked sushi. What kinds have you ordered? There's some great rolls out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to feel like quite a copycat! I am getting excited about doing the 101 in 1001, too, which I figure is okay to do since its so personalized. I'm working on my rough draft right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Stacy - You're not the first person who hasn't understood why I don't like sushi! I just...can't get into it. And actually me trying it again will be I think the FOURTH time, not the third...in trying to answer your question about what kinds I've had I realized I've actually eaten it three separate times. I've had California rolls, this sort of shrimp and rice thing (the shrimp was most definitely raw), and then I tried one or two different kinds with Steve when we were out in Vegas in 2009. Oh shoot...make that five, because I've had Ahi Tuna as well...and I know that wasn't cooked...so I think that counts as sushi?

    @bluestarfish - Yay! I can't wait to see your list, because one of my goals is to inspire someone else to attempt the 101 in 1001 :)

    ReplyDelete