Saturday, April 30, 2011

Book Review: Prom & Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg

I received this book through the Amazon Vine program. I chose it because I was intrigued at the idea of Pride & Prejudice written for teen girls, but to be honest I assumed it would be awful. In the end, though, I was wrong, and such a fitting story to teach me not to judge a book by its cover, right?

Obviously Ms. Eulberg takes some liberties with Jane Austen's classic tale, but the way she revamps it is fresh and flows easily. This book is really very loosely based on the original story, and I think that's why it works so well. That said, if Prom & Prejudice inspires even one young person to put down the Gossip Girl or Twilight series and pick up the actual Pride & Prejudice, it will have done its job in my eyes.

My one "complaint" is that the ending seems a bit rushed. Otherwise I definitely suggest this as a quick, fun read for young adults. (4/5 stars)



"Sometimes friends have to suffer for their friends' happiness." Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment