Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 21: Favorite Show AND Thirsty Thursday!

Day 21 ⇝ One of your favorite shows


Ugh, again, the last meme I did asked this and I said Gilmore Girls. I guess this time around I'll pick a show that's still on TV, ay?
source
I know, I know, Parks & Rec is a real wild card. But I just love it. The more I watch this show the more I ask myself why I didn't start watching it the very first time it aired. I still have old episodes to catch up on! Really though, if you like The Office give this one a go. It really does have it's own...thing about it, though, so don't expect the same exact show as what you get with The Office :)

Now, I stumbled upon Thirsty Thursday thanks to one of the blogs I follow and let's just say that this theme is very "me" :)


The blogger who hosts Thirsty Thursdays did a post today about drinks that are great in hot weather. I'm not sure if one is required to post drink recipes to participate in Thirsty Thursdays, but I hope not, because I'm not big on crazy fruity mixed drinks. Or very many mixed drinks, period. So instead, I have the perfect summer beer recommendation for you!

I discovered Kona Brewing Co's Wailua Wheat last summer and it's to die for. Steve and I basically bought all three Kona Brewing varieties that our grocery store had, tried them all, and this one came out tops (especially in my book)! If you're a Blue Moon person I definitely suggest giving this one a try. If you're not a Blue Moon person because that's too citrus-y for you, I still suggest tasting Wailua Wheat as it's a passion fruit flavor and definitely not exactly like Blue Moon ;)
source

 
Day 22 ⇝ How have you changed in the past 2 years
Day 23 ⇝ Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous you find attractive
Day 24 ⇝ Your favorite movie and what it's about
Day 25 ⇝ Someone who fascinates you and why
Day 26 ⇝ What kind of person attracts you
Day 27 ⇝ A problem that you have had
Day 28 ⇝ Something that you miss
Day 29 ⇝ Goals for the next 30 days
Day 30 ⇝ Your highs and lows of this month Pin It

5 comments:

  1. like me some Blue Moon so the Wailua Wheat is def. on my list to try :D thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to start watching Parks and Recreation. This just convinced me to go do it!

    I'm new here, found you through FTLOB! Feel free to check me out too!

    http://simplykateweber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parks and Rec is amazzzing!! The whole thursday night line-up is just SOOOO great! and of course blue moon is delicious! We have Abita Beer down here and the strawberry is in season and it is so delicous and so perfect for a hot day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @b. lee - if your grocery store doesn't carry it check with local beer stores (Total Wine & More and the like)

    @Kate - seriously, just give Parks & Rec a try! I know some people are kinda if-fy about it but I think it's hilarious.

    @betty - I love Abita Purple Haze! that's the only Abita (at least the only "flavored" one) we can get up here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Parks and Rec. Season 1 was gold and this season has been great too (last season was meh). I finally got Matt into it too.

    I had that Kona beer in California but I don't think we have it around here - haven't seen it. Leinenkugal Summer Shandy is always a good summer choice. Schlafly makes an awesome summer lager as well. Boulevard Wheat is also great b/c it's lemony and perfect for hot weather. I've been drinking IPA's lately though so any DogfishHead 60 or 90 minute IPA's have been perfect to drink on the porch.

    ReplyDelete