Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 25: Fascination

Day 25 ⇝ Someone who fascinates you and why
source
I'm honestly not sure how a person wouldn't be fascinated with Marilyn Monroe. She was a gorgeous sex symbol but also an extremely sensitive, intelligent, talented woman. Had she lived in this day and age I wonder if she would have still taken her own life...back in the 50s and early 60s her condition was misunderstood and therefore treated improperly, which makes her death that much more tragic. Seriously, if you're interested in Marilyn Monroe at all you should read Fragments - it gives you amazing insight on her life, her thoughts, her world. I've been extremely enamored with her for years now and reading that book - reading her personal writings - made her much more real than I could have imagined.


Day 26 ⇝ What kind of person attracts you
Day 27 ⇝ A problem that you have had
Day 28 ⇝ Something that you miss
Day 29 ⇝ Goals for the next 30 days
Day 30 ⇝ Your highs and lows of this month Pin It

6 comments:

  1. back when being a woman really meant being a real woman curves and intelligence included! she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved that picture of her in the white dress....

    flossyblossom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is an amazing woman who was totally underestimated and underappreciated for her true self during her time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Fragments and another biography on her during my biography phase. Truly fascinating woman and one of my lifelong style idols.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love her, but I haven't read that much about her. Maybe when I get some more time and maybe go to the library I'll see if they have that book..

    ReplyDelete