These aren't going to be in any specific order.
And to be completely honest I'll likely leave out some stuff that is pretty important to me.
But I'll do my best :)
1) Traveling. - Obviously the logistics of traveling (airports, flying, long distance drives) aren't the part of this that I love ;) I love experiencing new places, meeting new people, trying new things. I love learning the history and culture of the places I visit. I love seeing sights like these:
|My sister Christy and I in the French Riviera|
|My cousin Katie, my sister Jenni and I at the Hoover Dam|
|Bourbon Street in New Orleans, right after the Saints won their first Superbowl!|
|The closest I can get to having all of our animals in one picture, haha. Left to right - Stitch, Lilo, Marmalade, Ducky|
4. Working out. I could have specifically put "running" because that's probably my favorite type of workout, but I really try to have a balanced workout regimen and really any of it makes me feel healthy and better about myself in general. Beyond running, I also do a lot of walking (my dogs go nuts if they aren't walked at least once a day, but I almost always walk them twice a day), rowing and weight lifting, and some yoga. I don't think I could ever give up or forget that high that comes when you've just had a great, make-ya-sweaty kind of workout!
5. Theme parties. I really love throwing them, but I love going to them as well. I love dressing up in silly outfits and cooking themed dishes. And honestly, if you're going to have a "house party" giving it a theme always makes it better ;) Case and point...
|Retro Party, November 2008|
|First annual Kentucky Derby Party, May 2009|
|Steve's 80s-themed 30th Birthday Party, May 2010|
7. Greenville, South Carolina. I love, love, love this city. I've mentioned this love before. This is seriously the first place I've ever lived where I am completely happy and content with the thought of living out my days and not moving anywhere else. I mean...I guess if the right opportunity/opportunities presented themselves I would have to consider leaving, but I'd rather not. And for me, that's saying something :)
What do I love about Greenville? The low cost of living. The pretty centralized (for the South) location. Seriously, it's three hours or less from Charleston, Atlanta, Charlotte...it's six hours or less from Myrtle Beach, Savannah, Nashville...and a completely reasonable eight hours from places like Louisville, Washington DC, and Orlando.
And we have a beautiful downtown. We aren't any sort of nightclub capital, but we've got some really great bars and some truly awesome restaurants. There's hiking nearby, a gorgeous park downtown, fun festivals and activities year-round, it's clean, the people are friendly...I could go on and on and on (obviously).
|That's me enjoying the falls in our downtown park :)|
I don't have hundreds of them; I don't even have dozens. But I wouldn't give my handful of close friends up for anything.
|Bachelorette Party ;)|
|Drinking Around the World at EPCOT, September 2009|
10. My family. And as yesterday was mother's day and I didn't say anything about my mom, especially her.
Every one of us is flawed. We fight, we disagree with each other's actions or inactions. But they're my family and the only ones I'll ever have, and when it comes down to it they really aren't that bad. ;)
|This picture is SO 90s Fabulous, right?! (Left to right - Me, my mom, Christy, Jenny, and yeah that's Raphael of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fame. Be jealous.|