Monday, May 16, 2011

Country Concert Outfit

So this is by no means a fashion blog. I'm just...not fashionable. I tried for a short period of time at the end of last year/beginning of this year to pretend that I gave a crap what I looked like at work and whatnot, but I just...don't. However, that doesn't mean I don't love clothes and accessories - I do. Very much. Probably too much. And once in a while I put together a doozy of an outfit, and it can be a good doozy or a bad doozy. I wore a super cute outfit to a Sugarland concert back in March, but (a) didn't get any pictures and (b) it was not the outfit you would expect to see a person wearing at a country concert, anyway.

However, when my sister begged me to go to the Kenny Chesney concert with her last Friday, I knew that I had to put something cute together. Thankfully, I grew up on a horse farm and have a couple pair of cowboy boots and one really awesome cowboy hat to show for it. That said, I nixed the cowboy hat because it didn't really go with the rest of my outfit, but I bring you: a frugal fashionista's country concert getup!
First, I had to clean the mud and horse crap off my boots. Nope, not kidding.
I didn't get a good picture of my jewelry, but I have this pendant with matching earrings. Though this particular one is from a local jeweler and consists of white gold and diamonds; mine is sterling silver and crystals and QUITE a bit cheaper.
Dress: Merona, from Target
Boots: The real thing, folks. Ariats. And I got them at Tractor Supply years and years ago. And if you looked really closely, you would have seen that I was NOT able to scrape off all of the mud and horse poo. Just sayin'.
Oh, and that's my baby sister and yeah, she always looks that cute. Even when she has no makeup on and is wearing sweats. No fair. Especially as she's had two kids. My body will NOT hold up that well if I ever decide to have children. Sigh.

Anyway, the reason I put these boots with this dress is because the dress has a sort of denim fabric look to it, and the design on my boots has blue stitching...perfect.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you look amazing!! She's had 2 kids? I don't even look like that without kids. The boots plus dress looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit! I'm kind of obsessed with cowboy boots...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those boots. What kind of tattoo does your sister have? It looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like the perfect outfit for the concert to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit, and I am sooo jealous you got to see Kenny Chesney! I am hoping someone just GIVES me tickets to see him here in Columbia this Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh!! I'm so in love with cowboy boots. Especially the ones that are the real deal. And there's just nothing quite like live country music... : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!

    @Mandy - my sister has her daughter's name tattooed on her leg and it has like...bubbles and stars around it :)

    @Saumya - Even at my smallest way back in high school, I didn't look like she does after 2 kids, haha.

    ReplyDelete