Saturday, May 14, 2011

One of my New Recipes!

Well, I haven't posted since Thursday and that post isn't even here any more. And yes, I'm really, really annoyed about that. I mean, Blogger being down was annoying. Blogger being down for nearly 24 hours was even more annoying. But the fact that they just outright deleted one of my posts, and there is apparently no way to get it back? That's downright obnoxious.

Anyway, it's about time for a recipe, I suppose. Especially as I haven't even been doing the 101 in 1001 for an entire month, but I've already made four new recipes! The thing is, I would say I'm pretty proud of myself, but 4 new recipes in about a month is actually kind of normal for me. I cook so much that I have to throw new things in pretty often.

As a side note, I won't necessarily be sharing every recipe I make. For instance, one of those four was a recipe for fig and prosciutto flatbreads that were kind of just...okay. Not awful, but not great. Too sweet. I may make them one more time, play with the recipe a bit (I had already used a different kind of wine and less sugar than they called for) and see what comes of it. But for today, I am going to share the first recipe I made! I got this from another blogger, Megan over at Domestic Goddess - I think. Correct me if I'm wrong? I have finagled with this one a little bit, as it originally called for 3 cups Chex and that was WAY more than I needed.

Chex Chicken
 
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-ish cups corn Chex cereal, crushed
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons milk

-Preheat your oven to 450 and line a baking sheet with foil.
-Mix the garlic powder, salt, black pepper and paprika with the Chex and the Parmesan Cheese.
-Combine the milk and butter and dip the chicken pieces in it, sloshing around for a good 30 seconds to fully coat/soak.
-Roll the chicken pieces in the Chex mix and lay on the baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes (make sure it's not pink in the middle)

As you can see, we had roasted potatoes and asparagus on the side. I actually threw those in before I started preparing the chicken as they take slightly longer to cook. Just peel and chop some Yukon Gold potatoes, chop up some asparagus, throw in a few cloves of minced garlic and toss with plenty of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, salt and pepper. At 450 this mix probably takes about 35-40 minutes to roast properly :)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I love that you can basically roll chicken in anything and have it taste good haha. So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, indeed! That was me. Haha. Looks yummy! I think I definitely used too much, because we had a little extra "breading" that I saved for next time. Haha.

    ReplyDelete