Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I. Love. Sandwiches.

If I could just continually eat sandwiches in all different forms, I'd be completely happy. So in the future I have a couple of sandwich "recipes" to share with y'all, and here's the first (and so far my favorite...possibly ever).

CHEDDAR APPLE GRILLED CHEESE

Sourdough bread in 1/2 inch slices
Butter
Sharp white cheddar cheese, sliced thin
Apple butter

-Spread a thin layer of apple butter on each of two slices of bread; top with 4 thin slices of cheddar cheese.
-Melt butter in a pan and cook as you would any old grilled cheese ;)


As you can see, I served mine with some roasted potatoes and garlic. I know it's a lot of carbs. To be honest I really don't think about/pay attention to that kind of thing nine times out of ten...I have a love/love relationship with carbs. I've learned that as long as you're active and in general eat healthy foods, carbs don't have to be an enemy. Just sayin ;)
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. brie and apple are one of my favorite combos. i'm actually not huge on cold sandwiches but i like subs, which is weird. i also like warm sandwiches better than cold! but to just eat a ham sandwich or something? rarely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that looks like a winner. Noted for replication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I end up not liking sandwiches I make as much as ones I buy out. But I love the apple + cheddar combo. I probably would've put ham in there too, because I love cheddar + ham and ham + apple, and obviously apple + cheddar. I think I know what I need to make for dinner now. Haha. I've never had apple butter though.

    ReplyDelete