Friday, June 24, 2011

Reading Harry Potter: Chamber of Secrets

I started reading Chamber of Secrets one day and finished it the next. And I swear, I did actually go out and do interesting things...at least on the first day! The second day, however, was spent reading. I felt like I'd regressed back to when books 5, 6, and 7 were released. Those were the only ones I actually had to wait for, as I didn't start reading the HP series until 2001. And because I had to wait for those later books, I devoured them when they finally came out.

Besides, Chamber of Secrets (along with Prisoner of Azkaban) is one of my least favorite HP books. I always felt like it was a bit of a mess, you know? The whole diary thing, and Harry pulling Gryffindor's sword out of the Sorting Hat? It all just seemed a bit forced to me. It still does. But reading it again, now that the entire series is finished and we know about the Horcruxes, puts things into better perspective. This still isn't one of the better HP books, in my opinion--but c'mon, who doesn't just love Gilderoy Lockhart in all his hilarity?

"'It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.'" Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'll read these books one day...I love that other people love them so much. Does that count? =)

    -Miss GOP
    www.thewritingapprentice.com

    ReplyDelete