Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reading Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire

For years I insisted that Goblet of Fire was my favorite Harry Potter book. But while I could see, reading it yet again last year, why I've always loved it...knowing what happened in books 5, 6 and 7 forced me to politely retract this book being my favorite. Especially since I had just re-read the first three as well and realized - thanks to Sorcerer's Stone - why I got hooked in the first place.

There are definitely some loose ends in Goblet of Fire that I may have noticed but ended up ignoring before. But I'm not here or doing this to tear apart these books and throw their mistakes to the dogs--I'm sure plenty of other people have done that already :) And I definitely still love Goblet and at least prefer it to Chamber and Prisoner...so I waited to see what the end conclusion would be when I'd finished the last three books.

"It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up."

"'Curiosity is not a sin...But we should exercise caution with our curiosity...'"

"'Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.'" Pin It

2 comments:

  1. New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete