Sunday, July 24, 2011

Another awesome recipe sans picture...oops

This is another meal I made that was literally so good that I forgot to take pictures of it! I just wanted to eat it...haha. My mom found this recipe at Publix but I changed it up a bit...it originally called for microwaving the veggies to soften them? Um, no. And it called for cream of chicken soup, which I don't like (the chicken bits in it are gross), so I replaced that with cream of broccoli.

CHICKEN CONFETTI SPAGHETTI

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 oz spaghetti
One package chicken breasts, diced (I used 4 smallish chicken breasts)
Montreal Chicken Seasoning, Jane's Mixed up Salt, or similar seasoning
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 medium to large onion, diced
1/2 regular bell pepper, diced (I used orange for the different color)
One 4 oz jar diced pimentos, drained
Salt & Pepper
One 10.5 oz can cream of broccoli soup
One 14.5 oz can chicken broth
1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup panko style bread crumbs

-Preheat the oven to 425 and bring water to a boil for the pasta. Cut the butter into small pieces and set side to soften.
-Break the pasta into 2-inch-long pieces, add to the boiling water, salt and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
-Heat a large skillet and add a thin layer of olive oil. Put the diced chicken in the pan and season with Montreal Chicken Seasoning or Jane's Mixed up Salt (to taste). Cook over medium high for 5 minutes.
-Add the celery, onion, and bell pepper to the skillet and cook an additional 3-5 minutes, until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through.
-Pour the chicken broth and soup into the skillet and bring to a boil. Let it boil for 2-3 more minutes and then transfer this mixture and the spaghetti to a 2-quart baking dish, stirring to combine.
-Mix the butter, bread crumbs and cheese until crumbly and spread evenly over the chicken and spaghetti mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes; let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed ;)

(And please don't forget to go vote for me as "Best in Category: Life Blogs"...please? :) I'm #32 on the list and all you have to do is click the "like" button beneath my blog name, A Serendipitous Life.)
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good meal! If you can believe it, I've never cooked with (or eaten, for that matter) "Cream of..." anything!

    ReplyDelete