Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cowboys & Aliens Screening!

Hmm.

Tonight we had free tickets to a pre-screening of the new Jon Favreau movie, Cowboys & Aliens...and I'm already hearing complaints about the film!
source
Personally, I know I'm no movie reviewer. Books I can do, but I don't really feel I can judge an entertainment genre that I know next to nothing about. Still, there is something to be said about a movie that doesn't really try to be more than what it is. Plus, Cowboys & Aliens had star power. I'm not a big Olivia Wilde fan (does she only have ONE expression???) but hey - Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, and Sam Rockwell also starred in it :)

And yes, it was entertaining. And there was plenty of action. Character development was predictable (for most of them) and although the plot wasn't the greatest, it was a movie about cowboys...and aliens. What would you really expect from that?

I won't say more because I don't want to give it away. If you're looking for a movie that is just simple [somewhat silly] entertainment, check out Cowboys & Aliens. And hey, it's always good to see Harrison Ford nowadays...even if he did write off my beloved Star Wars ;)

Oh yeah...don't forget to vote for me as Best in Category: Life Blogs at For the Love of Blogs :) I'm #32 on the linky list here, and all you have to do is click the "Like" button under my blog name ("A Serendipitous Life"). Thanks loves :) Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you reviewed this movie. The first time I saw a preview for it I thought it was a spoof of some sort... how crazy! But I do appreciate the mega action packed bad plot hollywood blockbuster, (thanks to all my brothers and growing up watching more Die Hard than any little girl should)....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could ANYONE take a movie called "Cowboys & Aliens" seriously!?!?? My boyfriend is dying to see this, so I'm glad it's at least entertaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will probably see this since I love Olivia Wilde... though the rest of the cast is good too. I just wanted you to know I usually read all your blogs from my blackberry and it doesn't have the comment section on the version it shows. I've been feeling more like I wanted to comment, so I'll try to more on my computer. :)

    ReplyDelete