Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Guest Post Announcement & "7 Links" :)

Happy worst day of the week, everyone! (I don't like Tuesdays. Reasons are numerous.)

That said, I wanted to give a shout out to a friend of mine, Marcy. Marcy has taken on a quest to visit every Steak 'n' Shake in her home state of Indiana, and she writes about it in her pretty hilarious blog, Around the State in 70 Steaks. And Shakes. In general you should check her out because she's funny, but you should even more so check her out if you like Steak 'n' Shake, Indiana, anagrams, Where's Waldo style games...I could go on and on. On top of just being a great girl, she graciously allowed me to write a guest post for her blog...for which I went out and popped my Steak 'n' Shake cherry. So to speak. Thanks to Marcy (again) for the opportunity and I hope y'all will go check her out!

Now, speaking of Tuesdays, I was recently tagged in a blog meme thing that's going around by someone who dislikes Tuesdays even more than I do ;) Full rules for the 7 Links meme can be found here, and make sure you check out the end of this post to see if I've tagged you! Now without further ado...my 7 links!

My most beautiful post.
He loves me even when though I drive him nuts.

This is so cliche, but I feel that my most "beautiful" post is the thank you letter I wrote to my husband Steve. He only reads my blog sporadically but when he found that post (I want to say a month and a half or more after I actually wrote it) he called me into the living room and was basically at a loss for words - in a good way. I figure if I can write a thank-you letter to someone and render him speechless, it must be a damn beautiful thank you letter ;)

My most popular post.
Kenny Chesney Concert, May 2011
Although there aren't necessarily a ton of comments on this post, my stat recorder tells me that I get numerous hits a day from random strangers who Google outfits for country concerts. And honestly, the outfit that I posted wasn't even some amazing themed outfit...so I'm pretty sure a lot of these people don't get what they wanted when they read this post. Ah well.

My most controversial post.
Wizarding World of Harry Potter!
Hmm...to be honest, I'm surprised at some of the things I've written that haven't caused ridiculous debates and comments from rude internet trolls. I wrote over at LiveJournal for years and years, and I long ago lost count of the number of dramatic arguments spurred by things I posted on that blog. So although I've written some controversial things here, none of them have actually spurred real controversy. Still, I guess one of the more controversial posts I wrote was about how I believe geeks are better people than non-geeks ;)

My most helpful post.
That outfit. Those shoes. Those socks. And those GLASSES. Maybe I did deserve to be bullied...NOT.
Though I'm not sure if this particular post has helped anyone yet - I certainly haven't heard word that it has - I'd like to think that it is a helpful post, and that someday it will help someone: my post about my past as a bullied pre-teen/teenager and how I moved beyond what I went through at the hands of my peers.

A post whose success surprised me.
These two [ahem, super-competitive] guys love beer pong. I, on the other hand, do not.
I don't know if "success" is the right word to describe what happened with this post, but I was seriously surprised that so many people agreed with me that beer pong just sucks.

A post I feel didn't get the attention it deserved.
source
This one is hard. My blog is still fairly new (less than a year old) and doesn't get a ton of attention in general...but I have to say that I thought my post about not celebrating Valentine's Day deserved a bit more notice than it received ;)

And finally...the post I am most proud of!
source
Not to toot my own horn, but I thought I did a really good job with a post from one of the 30-day meme/challenge things that I participated in earlier this year. Basically, I was only supposed to post a quote that I liked - but I took the quote that I chose and built a much bigger entry out of it, an entry about the people who were both negative and positive influences on me and who therefore made me who I am today. I was able to list some things that I like about myself, but also admit some of my major (and numerous) flaws. I think this is probably one of my top three blog entries that says the most about who I really am as a person.

Now let's see...I apologize if you've been tagged before as I haven't read any blog entries posted yesterday, but I tag:

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, Steak & Shake. When there was one here in Columbia, the cheese fries were my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right, i hate tuesdays! glad this one is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I JUST saw that you tagged me in this...better late than never! :)

    ReplyDelete