Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thirsty Thursday & Don't Forget to Vote!

Okay guys...today is the last full day to vote for me as "Best in Category: Life Blogs" over at For the Love of Blogs. All you have to do is go to this entry and find me on the linky list (I'm #32!), then hit the "like" button under my blog name (A Serendipitous Life). It will take you just a few seconds and I'd really, really appreciate it :) :) :) I'm only trailing by something like 10 votes, so please help me out here!

Now, on to the important things...haha




Sadly, I guess Thirsty Thursday isn't a hop this week and who knows if it will be again :( But I still decided to throw the button up and talk about a great get together that we threw this past weekend!

Steve and I are part of a local beer lovers club-type-thing, and last weekend we hosted what we call a "Bring & Share Gathering". Basically, everyone who comes is required to bring one food item/dish to share, as well as either a six pack or a growler of his or her favorite beer. Now, for couples we only required one food item or dish, but they still had to bring two six packs and/or growlers...because isn't running out of beer at a party way worse than running out of food?

The great thing about a get together like this - especially when it's a bunch of true blue beer lovers - is that you get to try a bunch of new beers that you may not have noticed otherwise. For instance, I always said I wasn't big on Amber Ales, but at the end of the night I gave in and tasted a Tap Room No. 21 "Moe's Backroom Amber Ale"...and was very pleasantly surprised!

So if you're looking for an idea for a get together, I highly suggest hosting a Bring & Share! This was our second time doing it - 2nd Annual, if you will - and we will be hosting again next year! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I love beer parties! I'm actually doing a beer exchange with a blogger in Philly - shipping them out next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUCH a great idea... I have a hard time finding other beer lovers, but I am going to make it my mission!!

    ReplyDelete