Thursday, August 25, 2011

*Awesome* Recipe!

I seriously can't say enough good things about this recipe. It was originally mentioned on Every Little Thing but I never saw Stacy post the recipe (though I could have missed it)...so I searched it out on Google and found it on the Real Simple site :)

BACON GRUYERE MEATLOAF...

We did not eat this out of the pan...I just didn't take a picture before we'd started slicing it. Oops.
1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup ketchup, plus more for serving
11 coarsely grated red onions
2 slices bacon, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large egg
3/4 cup grated Gruyère
Salt & Pepper

- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, bread crumbs, ketchup, grated onion, bacon, garlic, egg, ½ cup of the Gruyère, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer the mixture to an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of Gruyère.
- Roast the meat loaf until cooked through, 40 to 45 minutes. Pour off any accumulated fat and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.

...WITH ROASTED CARROTS & ONIONS

2 red onions, cut into wedges
1 1/4 pounds carrots, cut into 3-inch lengths and halved lengthwise if large
Olive oil

- Right after you put the meatloaf into the oven, toss the onion wedges and carrots on a large rimmed baking sheet with the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Roast the vegetables until tender, tossing once, 35 to 40 minutes.

The title of this entry says it all...I could eat this meal (all of it) over and over and over again. I love my mom's meatloaf but this one takes the cake!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think I did ever post it! If I did, it's not searchable (I tried). Oh well, glad you found it. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete