Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monthly 101 update: July

Phew. This 101 thing is starting to concern me. Why, you ask? Because despite the fact that I'm making progress...it's on all of the easy stuff! Here are some goals that I started in July:

-Improve photography by reading Scott Kelby book and taking a class (took class on 7/23; started reading Scott Kelby book 7/24)
One of the new pictures I've taken! Not a *huge* improvement but I'm practicing, practicing, practicing :)
-Go skiing again (bought plane tickets for Idaho in 7/2011) (I decided that paying over $800 for two plane tickets to Sun Valley, Idaho during ski season in early 2012 was progress on this one!)
-Learn to sew, knit, or crochet (started teaching myself to knit 7/2011) (to be fair I'm not sure if simply learning how to "cast on" counts as progress with knitting, but whatever)

I actually completed more goals than I thought I would in July. In fact, I think I'll complete more than I planned on in August as well but we'll see.

Go to the first showing of a movie on its opening night in the theaters (again)  As you may have seen, I went to the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 on 7/15 :) I think that going to a weeknight early screening of Cowboys and Aliens last week should give me extra points for this one, as well!

Watch an entire TV series (started The Tudors in June 2011 and finished in July 2011) I was a bit hesitant for this one to count, because The Tudors only had 4 seasons. That's a short-lived TV show. However...the episodes were close to an hour long and hey, it was an entire series! So it counts. Plus I watched the first seven seasons of Entourage in June/July as well; not an entire series but most of it!

Visit the farmer's market in downtown Greenville (7/9)
Every Saturday morning from May - September (or October?) they run this market. Isn't downtown Greenville beautiful? I love this city SO much.
Try 5 new restaurants in the Greenville area (5/5 - Lazy Goat, Mojo's, The Green Room, The Trappe Door, Ford's Oyster House & Cajun Kitchen as of 7/9)

Get rid of 10 things I've been hanging on to for no good reason (I went through my closet on 7/29/2011 and got rid of WAY more than 10 items!)

So yes, I completed 5 goals last month, but see what I mean about them all being easy ones? :-/
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Congrats! Looks like you're making pretty good progress.

    I got the first 3rd of my list done pretty quickly, but things are taking a bit longer now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! So how's Ford's? I was going to try it out sometime in the next month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a lot! There is a food photography class in October I'm thinking about but it costs $55 so we'll see :/ Did you ever write about the class you took? I don't remember seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on keepin on! I need to revisit my 101 list and get some perspective on just how much more I have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @River & Kristin - thanks for the words of encouragement :)

    @Jonna - Ford's was really good! I'll be posting a review on the GreenvilleSCape blog sometime this month.

    @Stacy - I haven't posted about the class yet. I'm going to do a review/write up about it in the GreenvilleSCape blog (the old CT yankees in SC blog) eventually...hopefully sometime this month, depending on my schedule ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. easy or hard, it doesn't matter, it's the fact that you are still checking things off your list!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed a similar thing in the beginning of my list. I pumped out all the easy ones that I had wanted to get done but was just putting off. Now toward the end I've been stuck with the harder/more unrealistic/more unpleasant ones and I've definitely stagnated. (As you can probably tell from my not mentioning my list AT ALL.) I had wanted to finish strong, but I can tell it'll be a stumble over the finish line.

    That's exciting that you'll be going to Idaho! I look forward to hearing about it. :) And the Farmer's Market looks totally cute. Yay for closet cleaning! Good luck on this next month!

    ReplyDelete