Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thirsty Thursday is the Bee's Knees!

And so is this drink recipe!

No, really, the name of the recipe is The Bee's Knees.

And it's delicious.


THE BEE'S KNEES

1 cup gin
18 oz. pineapple juice
22-24 oz grapefruit juice
4-5 oz REAL honey

-Pour everything into a blender and pulse until frothy.
-Store in a pitcher.

Now, I'm a gin person but I prefer it in light drinks like gin & tonics. And I'm not a grapefruit juice person. Literally, hate the stuff. Hate the fruit too. And while I love fresh pineapple, pineapple juice is a bit of a stretch.

All that said, this drink is delicious. I actually found the recipe somewhere in the blogosphere and tailored it to my needs when I made it (i.e. cutting it in half because 116-ish ounces of liquid sounded a bit over the top and cutting the amount of pineapple juice because I didn't want it to be quite so sweet)...so don't be scared to tinker with it a bit! Enjoy :)
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I need to make one of these. Apparently they're becoming very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would make good business sense to separate your personal web page info from the Pelzer Springs Farm website. You need to have a website dedicated solely to the Pelzer Springs Farm business. Many of your customers are older, and don't have a clue about geek culture or zombies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah,

      I actually don't have anything to do with the Pelzer Springs Farm website :) I wrote a blog entry about it because my sister and brother-in-law run the farm and I was volunteering at their open house. They do have their own website: http://pelzerspringsranch.squarespace.com/

      Delete