Thursday, September 8, 2011

Balsamic Brown Butter Ravioli....Slightly Revamped :)

Although I have edited this recipe a bit, I originally got it from Smiling is Good for Your Teeth and couldn't be more grateful!.

I could have taken a picture of this meal...I even went to get my camera right before I ate. But to be honest, as tasty as it is it's not very pretty...sooo I didn't bother.

BALSAMIC BROWN BUTTER RAVIOLI

18-20 oz FRESH store-bought ravioli (I use cheese; I don't think meat ravioli would taste very good)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 red bell pepper, sliced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes (be careful not to burn; note that these are optional!)
Grated Parmesan cheese for topping

-Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the ravioli and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want them to be slightly firm! Drain.
-Meanwhile, in a large skillet melt the butter. Once it is melted, add the bell pepper. Cook 5-7 minutes, until the pepper is softened and the butter is browned. Remove from the heat and cool for a minute or so before stirring in the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
-Once the butter and other ingredients are mixed well, carefully add the ravioli and walnuts and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before eating :)

(As a note, this would be best with a spring greens or baby spinach salad and/or crusty French or Italian bread; you can easily double the butter, vinegar, salt and pepper ingredients to make some extra dressing/dipping sauce)
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This sounds yum! I will have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I'll have to try this soon since my husband wandered into a gourmet balsamic and olive oil store and brought a bunch of expensive balsamic home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is our favorite recipe!! nice choice and nice changes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Smiling - AH, thank you! I knew I got this from a Blogger but forgot to note which one when I copied the recipe! I'll edit the entry to give you credit :)

    ReplyDelete