Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Oktoberfest!

Well, it's that time of year, folks...Oktoberfest time! This year Oktoberfest runs from September 17th to October 3rd, and although I missed any sort of kickoff last weekend (due to being in Vegas...a good excuse, I think) you can bet I'll be celebrating in style for the next week and a half or so :D




I'm kicking off my Oktoberfest celebrations tonight, in fact, with a Girls Pint Out at the Art Bar on Main in downtown Greenville, SC. For $10 I get to sample 5-6 beers and pair them with cheeses and other snacks. It's a great time with other local gals, and I haven't been able to get out there since July, so I'm pretty excited :)

Then on Saturday we are throwing our second annual Oktoberfest party at our home. It looks like there will be a good turnout - at least a couple dozen people - and I can't wait to see the beer and food people bring to share!
And then the weekend of the October 1st is Oktoberfest in Greer, SC. This little town is about 20-25 minutes from where we live in Greenville and they really do throw a great Oktoberfest party. We had a blast when we attended for the first time last year, and it gives us a good excuse to go somewhere we wouldn't normally hang out ;)

Are there any fun Oktoberfest activities where you live?
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. There's a Art Bar in Greenville? I wonder if it's like the one down here in Columbia? http://artbarsc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey April - I looked at that website, but I don't think they're much alike...the one here focuses more on visual than performance art...it has a gallery, a really nice tapas menu, and serves "top shelf" style beer and wine...more of a laid back, relaxing kind of place. But that one in Columbia looks fun...I bet they get some great bands there!

    ReplyDelete