Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Totally skipped Monday Confessions. Oops.

I honestly don't know what is wrong with me lately, outside of the fact that I just haven't been "feeling" the whole blogging thing. It's like...I don't know where I'm going with this blogging thing. I don't know what I get out of it anymore. I started this particular blog for one reason and quickly pushed that reason by the wayside. I know I have no focus and part of that is my problem...because two large parts of my life have their own dedicated blogs. I thought about combining, but no - it really does have to be this way. The Greenville blog is attached to my Greenville website and needs to stay as is in order to be legit (for lack of a better word). And I have SO much to say about traveling that if I combined my travel blog with this blog...it would basically be a travel blog with a random recipe or advice post thrown in here and there.

But to be honest, it's discouraging when I see that despite getting an average of over 30 hits a day...nothing is really happening. This blog will be a year old in November and I don't know what it is or where it's going. Being away in Europe last month and not dealing with it for a few weeks felt so amazing. I came back thinking I would be revitalized and refreshed on the blog front, but the opposite has happened...I care less about it than ever. The amount of effort expended just doesn't seem worth it, especially when I see people who have similar blogs with hundreds or even thousands of followers...and don't even use proper grammar. I'm not talking about big words or not ending sentences with prepositions (which I'm totally guilty of) - I'm talking about people who don't capitalize words that need to be capitalized. Don't put apostrophes where they need to be. DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "YOUR" AND "YOU'RE". Argh.

I know, I know, I'm bitching. And to be honest I rarely do that...at least not in public ;) Mostly I'm just frustrated with myself for not being able to focus on anything I do to make any of it good enough. All of us struggle with something - somethings - and this, this is my absolute biggest struggle.

I'll end this on a positive note - I read this entry on my friend's blog, "Live, Laugh, Love and Pickles" and she put into words exactly why I hate the movie/musical Grease...something I've never been able to do. I giggled a lot while reading this so I hope you enjoy it too ;) Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Bleh, sometimes you just have to ride out the blogging slump! I've noticed a lot of people posting about just that sort of thing lately. Maybe it's the weather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really had a certain path that I wanted to take my blog on...I just wanted to blog about my life and the things that I experience and love to do. I, too, went through a short period of not blogging much cause I (a)didn't have the time or (b)didn't have anything I thought was worth blogging. I'm sure it'll revive itself soon. Maybe it's the change in seasons :)
    Like you though, I find myself getting some hits but not the traffic that I'd like to see or the comments on my posts that I'd like to post. Then I just remind myself that I personally only comment on 25% of the blog posts that I read...

    ReplyDelete