Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I'm thankful...that I have a sense of humor ;)
source
Seriously, can we talk about why people are so obsessed with turkey? A lovely fellow blogger, Sweet and Sour Lou Lou, admitted recently that she doesn't care for turkey all that much. And to be honest, neither do I. I'll eat it on Thanksgiving and it's not too shabby when it's properly SMOKED, but I just don't love it. In fact, the only traditional Thanksgiving food that I actually LIKE is stuffing. I prefer baked potatoes to mashed, I don't like green bean casserole, and pies really aren't my thing. No wonder I don't gain a bunch of weight on this holiday. So hey! I guess I'm thankful for the fact that I don't inevitably stuff myself on Thanksgiving because I'm just not that fond of the traditional Thanksgiving foods ;)

source
"Fate chooses your relations; you choose your friends." - Jacques Delille

I actually don't mind my family all that much, so let's say I'm thankful for them. But I'm also thankful for the other wonderful people in my life...the ones who are in my life by choice (mine and theirs)...my friends!
source

And last but not least...I'm thankful for my wonderful pets!

"In rescuing animals, I lost my mind...but found my soul."

HAVE AN AWESOME THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment