Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Writer's Block Wednesday

If I could travel back in time it would be to....  

Let's see. I think in general people would be inclined to say that they'd go back to a certain period or periods in their own lives, but personally I just don't think any good could come of that. I like where I am now, truly I do, and if I were to go back and re-live any point, or change anything, it would likely change my present or change the way I feel about my present. No bueno.

That said, I was a history major in college and I have a huge fascination with so many different periods of history - but to me one of the very most interesting would be the Roaring 20s :) I actually did my senior thesis on "Why Prohibition Didn't Work". I love the music, the clothes, the decor...everything from that era. I'd love to meet Fitzgerald and Hemingway and pick their genius brains.

Seriously though - despite the shortcomings of the 20s (you know, the gangsters and all that) and the economic crash that followed, it's such an intriguing decade, no?
source
source

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment