Thursday, December 8, 2011

Big changes 'round here!

I started this blog a year ago last month, but to be honest I just haven't been feeling it recently. I struggle over what to write about/post and whatever theme or themes I was going for in the beginning never really stuck. The previous title was a mouthful, too: A Serendipitous Life? I had hoped that the happy connotations of the word "serendipitous" would overrule the fact that it might as well have been "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" in terms of length and spelling...buuuut I don't think it did.

There's more to it than that, though. I was still ignoring the biggest part of myself - my geekiness. I mean, sure, I like dressing up (in cute outfits) sometimes. I like to party. I enjoy cooking and I think I'm pretty damn good at reflecting on my past [mistakes] and giving advice. To be honest, the more I thought about it the more I realized that not much in my life has been "serendipitous". I mean sure, there were a few things that happened that were "fortunate accidents" but by and large I've made my bed and I lie in it.

Content-wise, my blog isn't going to change much. I've updated my basic info page, and the look/layout will be different (and I'll hopefully get around to updating that sooner rather than later...sigh)...but I'll still post blogs from the past, 101 in 1001 updates, recipes, book reviews, etc. etc. So have no fear...if you've actually been enjoying my blog, surely you will continue to do so ;)

So now, who wants to donate a new header and button for my new name? I promise to give you props and love you forever.
I'd make one myself but Photoshop was on my husband's computer and that has sadly bit the dust :(
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Although I liked the name, I understand where you're coming from...Change is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara,
    I can make you a header if you like. Get in touch and I will see what I can do.

    cakememoirsblog[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete