Monday, January 23, 2012

Depressing sort of Monday Confessions...heh.



I confess...that I'm partially really happy and partially kind of disappointed in my time for the 5k that I ran on Saturday. The official time was 31:42, which is wrong, because the clock had just ticked to 31:39 as I ran by it. Three seconds is a lot of time for them to add, especially when I was in the middle of the pack at the start and didn't start my own stopwatch until I actually CROSSED the start line - and MY stopwatch therefore says my time was 31:28.3. And that's WITH me forgetting to stop it until a good 5 seconds or more after I crossed the finish line!

I confess...that I'm nervous about the Superbowl. I was definitely one of those Pats fans who thought they were unbeatable in the 2008 Superbowl and, well, we all know what happened there. So this is a rematch and I may not even be able to watch it after what happened the last time.

I confess...We've only been home 5 days from our big Idaho ski trip and I can't stop thinking about skiing. It will likely be quite some time before we get to go again, too :-/

EDIT: BONUS CONFESSION! (because you know, usually I only do three)
I confess...that more people should enter my little contest/giveaway! Yes, it requires that you guess what's in my header and all that, but I've only had a few entries so trust me, you should at least TRY! ;)

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Both are great times! But I completely understand what you mean. I now always use my RunKeeper app. For one, it records the actual distance, whether or not I'm farther back from the start line or not. Most local races start all the chips are the same time and do not have a start line initiator. The big races I believe had a start line that will initiate the chip. Much like Cooper River Bridge run in Charleston. For the second reason, it also tracks my actual time from when I pressed start to when I pressed end. So with all that being said, I'd go by your time and not the chip's time due to those two factors. :) Fabulous job!!!!

    ReplyDelete