Our late lunch/early dinner included the aforementioned C3PO Potato Salad, of course, as well as a casserole and a saucy onion dish. What were their names, you ask?
1 lb lean ground beef (uncooked)
6 oz beef stock or broth
One 10-ish oz can of cream of celery soup
One 14.5 oz can sliced carrots, drained
One 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, not drained
2 oz (1/4 cup) Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons dill relish
Instant white rice - fill one of the empty 14.5 oz cans as a measurement
1+ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Mix all of the ingredients EXCEPT for the cheddar cheese in a 2.5+ quart baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, stir well, then bake for another 15 minutes.
- Take the casserole from the oven and top with the shredded cheddar, place back in the oven and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted (it should seriously be melted after 15 minutes though)
2-3 large white onions, sliced
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon water
- Add a couple tablespoons olive oil to a skillet (so that there is a thin layer on the bottom) and heat over medium-low. Add the onions, cover and let simmer for 7 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Replace cover and reduce the heat to low/simmer and continue to cook for 40 minutes.
I have to admit, I was a little unsure about the casserole and onion recipes especially, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised! Also, those two dishes along with the potato salad actually complemented each other very well :)
We continued our lightsaber game and came up with 6 that are definitely lost/ruined (Obi Wan's & Darth Maul's in Ep. I; Anakin's in Ep. II; Yoda's & Mace Windu's in Ep. III; Luke's in Ep. V), one that is almost lost (Anakin's at the beginning of Ep. II), one that is lost but picked up by someone else (Anakin's at the end of Ep. III), and one that may or may not have been lost and I suppose we'll never know (Obi Wan's in Ep. IV) ;) Let's just say we had fun keeping an eye out for them! Possibly almost as much fun as you just had reading this paragraph...haha...kidding. No, but really.
Anyway. So. we had one more dish to try and we used this one as a late night snack...and it was delicious! (Though part of that was likely the Wheat Thins Tuscan Herb Flatbread Crackers that we used to complement it...)
R2 CHOKE SPREAD
28 oz. quartered arthichoke hearts, *not marinated*
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
3 cloves garlic, minced
Paprika for garnish
- Add the artichoke hearts, mayo, Parmesan cheese and garlic to a food processor and combine until coarsely chopped.
- Pour into a lightly greased baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle with the paprika and serve hot!
We did end up having a couple of interruptions to our marathon, which led to us not finishing until around 3 AM...ugh. But it was so nice to sit and watch Star Wars and reminisce all day, for sure. And hey, the cats enjoyed it too!