Sunday, April 1, 2012

Monthly 101 Update: March

Sigh. Another "slow" month for my 101 in 1001 list :-/ Honestly things have been quite crazy around here, so the fact that I accomplished anything at all is surprising. But I only finished two goals, and I didn't start any new ones. Sigh.

First (and best) dish on the Greenville Culinary Tour
Go on one of the Greenville SC tours - We did the Greenville Culinary Tour on Saturday March 24th. It was actually a really interesting tour, though a bit long...we ended up having to leave a bit early, and we were on it for two and a half hours!

Get another tattoo - I've actually been wanting to cover up an old tattoo for quite some time now. It wasn't that the tattoo wasn't quality - it was. And for being 11 years old now, it wasn't even that faded. But it was a symbol that meant something to me when I was 18 and hasn't meant anything to me for a long time (at least 4 years or so, maybe longer). Unfortunately, because it had a lot of black lines and bright colors, I knew that it would take something major to cover it...and I wasn't ready to get something that big. Until now.

Original tattoo from January 2001, a sacred heart
New tattoo/coverup from March 2012 - Martell sigil and words from the Song of Ice & Fire series
You can still see some of the lines from the original tattoo if you look really closely, but that's to be expected. I love love love my new tattoo :)

Anyway. Here's hoping that I can really buckle down and get some 101 stuff done...or at least started...in April. I feel like I've been saying that every month for a while now, though :-/ Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I think you missed the best dish of the tour . . . the dessert at Lazy Goat was SO ridiculous. Yum! Yum! (Though your waist is probably happy you didn't have any of it!)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where'd you get your cover up done at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm honored that you have used my design for Martell tattoo! :) http://urukkisaki.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d473gei

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous / urrukisaki - thank you/you're welcome! (not sure how to properly respond to that? haha) I would have credited but TBH I just showed my artist a bunch of Martell sigils online/gave him the info to google and he hand-drew the sun in my tattoo based on yours, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete