You know, in general I love to make dishes or meals that are well-rounded, and usually that means a lot of ingredients.
But sometimes you just want something easy and tasty, and that's when a recipe like this comes into play :)
ITALIAN CRESCENT CASSEROLE
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
1 cup garlic pasta sauce (red!)
1 can crescent dinner rolls
1 ½ cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the cooked beef and pasta sauce in a skillet over medium heat until warm.
- Separate the crescent dough into 8 triangles. Place the dough in an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate in spoke pattern, with the narrow tips overlapping the rim of the plate by a couple of inches.
- Press the dough in the bottom of the pie plate and up the sides to form a crust that covers the pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Spoon the meat and sauce mixture evenly over the cheese.
- Bring the tips of the dough over the filling to meet in the center; do not overlap.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup cheese and some dried basil (as desired; I wouldn’t use too much!). Bake 20 minutes.