Friday, June 15, 2012

Life is full of surprises...

I've sang - and loved doing so - for as long as I can remember. The first time I had a solo, in front of other people, was at 8 years old - my dad and I sang "Silent Night" together at church. I was very sporadic about my involvement with this talent, though...until high school and my first couple years of college, anyway. And then as I approached my graduation from Longwood, and in the years following...I fell away from it again. I don't know why, other than that I supposed I didn't have time for it. Or rather, didn't want to make time for it.

Last year I did the band thing for a few months, but I think none of us was really committed to our particular group and things just sort of drifted apart. I was disappointed but I understood why it happened. There was no bad blood, and when the bassist from that band called me about this new one (well, new to me anyway) I knew that I had to give it a shot.

And holy crap, am I glad I did. I've sang a few shows with them now, but last night was a totally different animal - Spartanburg, South Carolina's Music on Main...and we were the featured band!


I didn't feel nervous. I didn't drink. I had a ton of fun.

They said it was one of the biggest crowds they've *EVER* had.

It's funny. Marc, who is the one that basically started JUNO - at least in its current form - said that he feels like we are a [slightly dysfunctional] family. I like that. I hope that it continues.

I wish more of the photos were up, but as of right now the only ones of me...well, I look awkward, haha. I need to learn to...not stand so straight, move around some more. Supposedly I have "good stage presence" (at least, a few people have told me that in the past few weeks)...but I don't see or feel that. And the pictures I've seen so far certainly don't show it! Ah well...at least I've got the singing in front of a crowd part down ;)


So please excuse me if my entries have been or continue to be a bit disjointed at the moment, because to be honest...I'm out living my life.

And so far, I'm loving it.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's so great! Aw, I'm teaching myself to sing, I wish I could be in a band, that is so awesome. I'm really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's awesome! I would love to be in a band! I'm sure you rock out and it's so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I'm glad you had fun! I wish I can sing...my boyfriend does though and I love listening to him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed and pleased with you re: the band. It's so awesome that you're enjoying it again and it's not a hassle and unpleasant like it had been in the past. Go you!

    ReplyDelete