Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday Funday v. 1.0

Well, I'm always on the lookout for new ways to force myself to post on this blog (heh). I have no idea if this will become a hop. Knowing me I'll not even put up a "Sunday Funday" post every weekend. But it should at least make it easier for me to come up with things to write about, no? :)


 Today I stumbled upon a YouTube video, and it made me laugh so hard that I cried.



You see, at the 2:52 mark the guy says "909 where the ladies damn fine"... well, apartment 909 at Vista Way was exactly where I lived on my first Walt Disney World College Program...with a girl named Kim who shared my love for Blink 182 (yeah, I got over that, I swear) and my New England heritage...

Kim and I in our apartment at Vista...#909, that is!
 Apartment 909 at Vista Way...well, let's just say that I have a few bad memories of it, but mostly good ones ;) It was the first place I lived that was truly away from home (I really don't count one semester in a dorm room at a school 25 minutes from where I grew up). For $72 a week (per person) we had a two bedroom, two bath apartment - two people per bedroom - with a full kitchen and living room, all utilities included. We only made $6 an hour, but hey, it was the life.

We were so cool, hanging out with our door open, smoking our cigarettes...haha
Kim and I were dubbed "The Institution", though I can't remember exactly why. I'm sure it had something to do with our going to every party we could attend, when we weren't working and all. Of course we had a few parties at our place as well, though the "usual hangout" was building 15.

Still, as I said, 909 to this day holds some great memories to me. Coming home from work and smoking a cigarette (yeah, I know, bad) just outside (as pictured above) and ending up having an impromptu get together, for instance.

Or how when we moved in, our neighbors - who had lived in 910 all summer - gifting us a handle of Jim Beam as a welcome present.

Watching Emperor's New Groove over and over again.

The party we had when we thought someone called security on us and our drunk friend thought he could hide from them under our coffee table.

Shoot, even our crazy, awful roommates gave me some fun[ny] memories.

I don't know the guys who made the video above from a hole in the wall; I don't even know when they did the College Program. Yet I share some similar-as-hell memories with them, because that's how living at Vista Way is. And it's one hell of a crazy, awesome, memorable experience. I don't miss it...but I'm sure glad I had it.


I hope everyone had a great weekend...I know mine was ridiculous and insane, but CHEERS to Sunday Funday and to the Great Vista Way!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment